To ensure all our digital users have the most pleasant online experience we track
certain information across the website in order to improve all the time.
(In accordance with The Protection of Personal Information Act. No. 4 of
• We respect your privacy and will take reasonable measures to protect it, as
more fully detailed below.
• Should you decide to register as a user on the Website or make use of our
in store / online services, we may require you to provide us with personal
information which includes but is not limited to –
• your name and surname;
• your email address;
• your physical address;
• your mobile number;
• Should your personal information change, please inform us in
writing providing us with updates to your personal information as soon as
reasonably possible to enable us to update your personal information.
• You have the right to request a copy of your personal information we
have on our records and the right to withdraw your consent for us to
process your information.
• You may choose to provide additional personal information to us, in which
event you agree to provide accurate and current information, and not to
impersonate or misrepresent any person or entity or falsely state or otherwise
misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or anything.
• Moringa Life does not knowingly collect or process any Special
Personal Information such as religious or philosophical beliefs, race,
ethnic origins, trade union memberships, etc
• To make a request regarding your personal information, please contact
• Subject to clause 2.3 below, we will not, without your express consent:
• use your personal information for any purpose other than as set out
• in relation to the ordering, sale and delivery of Goods;
• to contact you regarding current or new Goods or services or any
other goods offered by us or any of our divisions, affiliates and/or
partners (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material
• to inform you of new features, special offers and promotional
competitions offered by us or any of our divisions, affiliates and/or
partners (unless you have opted out from receiving marketing material
from us); and
• to improve our product selection and your experience on our Website
by, for example, monitoring your browsing habits, or tracking your
sales on the Website; or
• disclose your personal information to any third party other than as set out
• to our appointed employees and/or third party service providers who
assist us to interact with you via our Website, email or any other
method, for the ordering of Goods or when delivering Goods to you,
and thus need to know your personal information in order to assist us
to communicate with you properly and efficiently;
• to law enforcement, government officials, fraud detection agencies or
other third parties when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of
personal information is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial
loss, to report or support the investigation into suspected illegal
activity, or to investigate violations of these Terms and Conditions.
• to our service providers (under contract with us) who help with parts of
our business operations (fraud prevention, marketing, technology
services etc). However, our contracts dictate that these service
providers may only use your information in connection with the
services they perform for us and not for their own benefit;
• to our suppliers, should they need to liaise directly with you regarding
any faulty Goods you have purchased which requires their
• We are entitled to use or disclose your personal information if such
use or disclosure is required in order to comply with any applicable
law, subpoena, order of court or legal process served on us, or to
protect and defend our rights or property. In the event of a fraudulent
online payment, Moringa Life is entitled to disclose relevant personal
information for criminal investigation purposes or in line with any other
legal obligation for disclosure of the personal information which may
be required of it.
• We will ensure that all our employees, third party service providers,
divisions, affiliates, and partners (including their employees and third-party
service providers) having access to your consented personal information
are bound by appropriate and legally binding confidentiality obligations in
relation to your personal information.
Ratings and Reviews:
• When you provide a rating or review of a Product, you consent to us using
that rating or review as we deem fit, including without limitation on the
Website, in newsletters or other marketing material. The name that will
appear next to that rating or review is your First Name, as you would have
provided upon registration. If you do not agree to this, please do not put any
ratings or reviews on the Website. We will not display any of your contact
details, with a rating or review.
• We will –
• treat your personal information as strictly confidential, save where we are
entitled to share it as set out in this policy.
• take appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure that
your personal information is kept secure and is protected against
unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or
damage, alteration, disclosure or access;
• provide you with access to your personal information to view and/or
update personal details;
• promptly notify you if we become aware of any unauthorised use,
disclosure or processing of your personal information;
• provide you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our
obligations under this policy on reasonable notice and request; and
• upon your request, promptly return or destroy any and all of your personal
information in our possession or control, save for that which we are legally
obliged to retain.
• We will not retain your personal information longer than the period for which it
was originally needed, unless we are required by law to do so, or you consent
to us retaining such information for a longer period.
• Moringa Life undertakes never to sell or make your personal information
available to any third party other than as provided for in this policy.
• We have employed and enrolled the industry standard and/or generally
accepted security measures designed to secure the integrity and
confidentiality of all information submitted through our services online
and in store. However, the security of information transmitted through
the internet or via a mobile device can never be 100% guaranteed. We
are not responsible for any interception or interruption of any
communications through the internet or for the changes to or losses of
• Users of our services are responsible for maintaining the security of
any password, user ID or any other form of authentication involved in
obtaining access to the password protected or secure services of our
website, online store or other secure service areas. To protect you and
your information, we may suspend your use of services, without notice,
pending investigation if any breach of security is suspected.
• Whilst we will do all things reasonably necessary to protect your rights of
privacy, we cannot guarantee or accept any liability whatsoever for
unauthorised or unlawful disclosures of your personal information, whilst in
our possession, made by third parties who are not subject to our control,
unless such disclosure is a direct result of our gross negligence.
• Children’s Privacy: By using the Website or in store services you
warrant that you are 18 (eighteen) years of age or older and of full legal
capacity. If clients are under the age of 18 (eighteen) and are not legally
permitted to enter into a binding agreement, then they may use the
Website only with direct involvement, supervision and consent of a
parent or legal guardian. Parent/s or legal guardian must give his/her
consent, then such person agrees to be bound to these Terms and
Conditions and to be liable and responsible for all obligations under
Moringa Life Privacy policies and trading terms and conditions.
• If you disclose your personal information to a third party, such as an entity
which operates a website linked to this Website, social media, or anyone
other than MORINGA LIFE, MORINGA LIFE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR
ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE, HOWSOEVER ARISING, SUFFERED BY YOU
AS A RESULT OF THE DISCLOSURE OF SUCH INFORMATION TO THE
THIRD PARTY. This is because we do not regulate or control how that third
party uses your personal information. You should always ensure that you
• This website makes use of “cookies” to automatically collect information and
data through the standard operation of the Internet servers. “Cookies” are
small text files a website can use (and which we may use) to recognise
repeat users, facilitate the user’s on-going access to and use of a website
and allow a website to track usage behaviour and compile aggregate data
that will allow the website operator to improve the functionality of the website
and its content, and to display more focused advertising to a user by way of
third party tools. The type of information collected by cookies is not used to
personally identify you. If you do not want information collected through the
to deny or accept the cookie feature. Please note that cookies may be
necessary to provide you with certain features available on our Website, and
thus if you disable the cookies on your browser you may not be able to use
those features, and your access to our Website will therefore be limited. If you
do not disable “cookies”, you are deemed to consent to our use of any
personal information collected using those cookies, subject to the provisions
of this clause 15.
Linking to third party websites
• This Website may contain links or references to other websites (“Third Party
Websites”) which are outside of our control, including those of advertisers/
suppliers etc.. These Terms and Conditions do not apply to those Third Party
Websites and Moringa Life is not responsible for the practices and/or privacy
policies of those Third Party Websites or the “cookies” that those sites may
• Notwithstanding the fact that the Website may refer to or provide links to
Third Party Websites, your use of such Third Party Websites is entirely at
your own risk and we are not responsible for any loss, expense, claim or
damage, whether direct, indirect or consequential, arising from your use of
such Third Party Websites or your reliance on any information contained
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
- [[INSERT DESCRIPTIONS OF OTHER TYPES OF TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES USED]]
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers [[INSERT ANY OTHER PAYMENT TYPES ACCEPTED]]), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
[[INSERT ANY OTHER INFORMATION YOU COLLECT: OFFLINE DATA, PURCHASED MARKETING DATA/LISTS]]
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- [[INSERT OTHER USES OF ORDER INFORMATION]]
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
[[INSERT OTHER USES OF DEVICE INFORMATION, INCLUDING: ADVERTISING/RETARGETING]]
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/settings/?tab=ads
- Google: https://www.google.com/settings/ads/anonymous
- Bing: https://advertise.bingads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
- [[INCLUDE OPT-OUT LINKS FROM WHICHEVER SERVICES BEING USED]]
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
DO NOT TRACK
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
[[INSERT IF AGE RESTRICTION IS REQUIRED]]
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of [[INSERT AGE]] .
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at email@example.com or by mail using the details provided below:
[Re: Privacy Compliance Officer]
510 Theuns van Niekerk str, Centurion, Centurion, Gauteng, 0157, South Africa